Whether you choose to live in one of the University's halls of residence or in a privately-rented home, Accommodation Services can provide information and advice to help you find a suitable place to live.
The University's halls of residence are available to students who have an offer for a place on a course at the University.
We encourage you to pick your top 5 halls when you apply, as that will give us a better indicator as to what your preferred choices are. We will try to give you one of your top 5, however, we can not guarantee you will be placed there. Please apply early to avoid disappointment - the sooner you apply the more likely you are to get one of these choices.
Please note that we prioritise applications from all international and disabled students, as well as any student under the age of 18. If you have special requirements you must notify us of your needs on your application for accommodation.
Be aware that foundation year students study on a different timetable to students on most other courses, however, students are still free to book a place in our halls.
When can I apply?
- Current students looking for a room this academic year (2017/18) can apply for accommodation now.
- Applications open on Wednesday 28 March 2018 for current students looking to stay in halls or move into halls in their second, third or MA year in September 2018.
- Applications open on Thursday 5 April 2018 for all students with an unconditional offer firmly accepted (UF), or students who have a conditional offer firmly accepted (CF) starting in September 2018.
- Applications open on Wednesday 9 May 2018 for all students with a conditional course offer (C) and an unconditional course offer (U), starting in September 2018.
- Students should register for an account using their UAL Student ID number and follow the instructions to apply.
When will I hear about my offer?
- All students applying for a room this academic year (2017/18) should receive their offer approximately 2 days after they apply.
- Offers for all applications made for the academic year 2018/19 will start being sent on Wednesday 23 May 2018 and will continue up until August 2018.
Once you've received an offer
- Students have 2 weeks to accept an offer and make an initial payment of £510 to secure your place in halls. This is made up of £250 advanced rent, £200 damage deposit, and a £60 admin fee.
- If you receive an offer with one of our partner halls, they will contact you directly for this.
- Once you have been offered a room we cannot change your offer or swap for another hall or room type.
- If you change your mind because you would prefer to live in another hall, you will have to reject your offer and contact us to be put on a mailing list. We strongly advise against doing this as you are not guaranteed to receive a second offer given the high level of applications.